Saturday, July 3, 2010

MY LIFE IS LIKE A RIVER

I was going through some old LP records and found one by IRA Stanphill. On the back was a poem that he wrote to his wife or did he write it to the Lord. You decide. If was so beautiful that I have to recreate it here. Enjoy!!

MY LIFE IS LIKE A RIVER by Ira Stanphill

From where I sit my eyes can scan
A picture rare to mortal man
It is of mountains tall and high
Of rivers deep and cloud filled sky.

Its voice is mute, no word is said,
I only see its white topped head
And hear its voice as rapids roar
And spreads its life along the shore

The reason why this river flows
Is all because of winter snows.
And born within this whitened shroud
Is life and peace and voices loud.

And when the hear of spring and sun
Begin to make the riverlettes run
'Tis then its voice is heard aloud
From deepest vale to highest cloud.

And as the river turned and flowed
Upon its crest it bore a load
To every town and every mart
And gave its life and left its heart.

I am that stream that now is free
That winds its way out toward the sea.
And you, my dear, were warmth and love
That sent the melting from above.

I love you more than I can say,
And if I live another day
To heal a heart of bitter woe
And leave some sunshine where I go-

'Twas you that warmed a weary me,
And fanned a flame for men to see.
You gave me hope that made me new
You came just when I need you.


This poem was written on tour at a scenic view in Vancouver, Canada

No comments:

Post a Comment